Saturday, November 03, 2007

Quiet Evening

I wrote this many days ago . . maybe Tuesday? Maybe Wednesday?

*******************

It is 1:32 a.m. and I have been awake forever. The planes broke all day and the passengers just, just came in. Holy cow. But waiting in a group . . . all of us waiting . . . it was a small little wonderful example of the place.

I was CRABBY at dinner. Pissed that I had to stay up forever and meet the plane. Exhausted from yesterday's late arrival. And my dearest friend here smiled and invited me to Stitch and Bitch. It's where girls gather, knit and gab. We had the lounge reserved from 7:00 p.m.

I went and it was WONDERFUL. My dearest friend was the only one knitting so tonight it was renamed Bitch and Stitch. C from the galley, J from IT, M from Waste, Dearest Friend and myself were the primary gals there until 9:00 p.m. We just talked and laughed and gossiped about good looking boys. Around 9:00 p.m. volleyball got out and the boys joined us. B from NOAA and the most wonderful Dr. B -- Good God, he's gorgeous. C from FEMC came as well. And there we sat . . . after a while the gals pealed off . . . they weren't waiting for the plane.

And all night I sat in a really comfortable couch and talked with people I love.

That is the magic of this place.

I was very careful to feel grateful for it. Just chatting and drinking water and laughing and being with these most wonderful people. For hours.

And the feeling of duty. We had to work . . . stay up and work and welcome the new and make sure they could breathe.

No matter what . . . I have a great job. I love this place. I love the people and I love the program. Fuck the pain . . . fuck the Ship Of Fools . . . fuck the client and their complete mismanagement . . . fuck the Mothership . . . I love this place and I love the people.

And now it's 2:08 a.m . . . the pain of tomorrow . . .two more flights of people . . . 65 total.

Welcome to summer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home