Monday, September 17, 2007

Dawn of a New Day

It is 4:56 a.m. and I'm wide awake. I bored myself to death yesterday and finally just gave up at 8:30 p.m. I'm actually feeling really great. I just got off the treadmill and have read some email and snooped on some blogs and now I'm enjoying my coffee and thinking about change.

Fall is the time of renewal isn't it? My dear friends come to the office to work before we leave. The new winter overs gather for fire school. I pack up the shampoo resupply and spend way too much money on new clothes. And, hopefully, I feel the gentle breeze of enormous possibility.

After a wedding in July, I was driving away from the town we stayed in and I got a very clear vision of a future project. I thought to myself, I need to write the series with that guy. At the time, I had no real idea that I would ever actually hear from that guy again, but I thought it and it felt really really possible and true. I'll write the series with that guy.

Well, last week I mentioned it very casually to his brother and low and behold . . . that guy might just be interested. I need a dialogue man, and he needs some classical structure. He'll be in town for the last of seven weddings next week and I'm hoping to talk with him about it. Both he and the brother. Both are brilliant and could be very useful in developing this thing.

And just the fact that they would be interested. Just the easy sureness of this thing. It brings me great joy and hope. Why not write it? Why not be the one picked? Why not win the awards and go on Charlie Rose and be innovative and genre-changing? Why not? Somebody's got to.

It's time, isn't it?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home