Monday, September 10, 2007

Ode to My Sister

I am so proud of my sister.

She's doing this hugely hard thing. She's moving home. Holy crap.

She's lived in Australia for sixteen years. She's been through a whole marriage and divorce, multiple career shifts, a whole MBA, years out of work, years doing great work . . . and now she's moving back to America. And not just any America. She's moving to a small town in Wisconsin.

Holy crap, again.

I don't fully understand what's going on, but she's decided it's time to come home. She got the message two years ago, gave herself a year to change her mind, and then she decided. She decided on an airplane traveling over the middle of America after a funeral. She knew it was time to move back exactly . . . ummmm . . . HERE. She got the picture in her head and manifested it. And not only did she get the exact job she wanted, with the exact company she wanted . . . she's moving to . . . ummmmm . . . exactly HERE.

Frankly, it's a tad creepy.

And it happened really quickly and it happened (at least to those of us on the outside watching) effortlessly. Now my sister has been offered a GREAT job with a pretty great company in the middle of America . . . just like she wanted.

And to me that's inspirational.

Darling . . . I don't know how you are going to live through these next few months, packing up your Australian self, traveling all the way from Mars, and starting your new life in America. I don't know how you will step, one step in front of the other, and completely up-heave your already impressive and magnificent life. But I know you will. And I know you will shine through it. And I know you will shine when you get here.

I love you, Darling Sister.

Even though I can't come to help (a fact that I am cursing every day) . . . I'm right there with you, wrapping my arms around you and helping you lug boxes and sell all your stuff and remember every inch of your beautiful neighborhood and cry and leave.

You have come through your hard time so magnificently, so triumphantly, so honorably. Oh my God, Darling Sister. I am inspired by your tenacity, your determination, and your bravery. You know what you want, and you know what you need, and you have manifested it out of nothingness.

You are a great woman, indeed, my Dearest Sister.

Now . . . go kick the door in, take no prisoners, and get everything you want.

Fuck all y'all motherfuckers.

I love you so much.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home