Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Catch Up

It's been three or four life times since I last wrote. Hasn't it?

The season has been big. Nothing out of the ordinary, really. Nothing too worthy of note. But, long and crowded and busy and I haven't been writing. I haven't been reading either. I think I might have lost the ability to.

I have been teaching myself to quilt. Loved that. I have been drinking with boys. Love that, too. I have been watching Deadwood, which was very fun.

But now I'm tired and ready to move back into civilization. I'm ready to make my own food. I'm ready to drive a car and talk to other folks and wear heals. It's time.

I have all kinds of notes for the blogging . . . but I wonder if they will make sense once I have time to read them. Probably not.

I have plans to visit my sister. Not, in her usual exotic place. But in Apple Town. She's moved. And I'm so excited! I want nothing more than to go to the middle. I have long thought that in the middle I would end. I have been talking about Bayfield, but it's too random and touristy. I want a lovely house. An old one that creeks. And land enough for vegetables and a welding shop. I want a lover man and good books and pie.

Could I be that girl, ever?

And how would I fund it?

The future is green and rural. That much, I know.

Good night. Know that I miss you and hopefully will be writing more, now that the satellite is fixed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home