Thursday, October 05, 2006

Making Sure He's Still There

There are some people whom periodically I need to know still exist. It's like reaching out in the night to your bed partner and touching them. Yep. Still there.

When I was 29 I looked up my first one true love. And he was getting married in a month.

I'm 39 now and just looked up my first one true love again. He's getting divorced.

Damn.

And two nights ago, we talked on the phone. He's changed a lot. Living in LA makes him talk like a corporation. But it was good. It was really nice to talk to him. And today, I got an email.

"I will defiantly keep writing."

Little slip of the spell check, but a wonderful phrase. Defiantly keep writing. Wouldn't that be nice?

1 Comments:

At 7:29 PM , Blogger Ellen said...

Danger, Will Robinson!

You watch yourself, girlie. Looking up high-school sweethearts just as they're about to turn 40 is something no-good mid-life crisis husbands do...

I recommend a focus on NEW passion...but have fun, anyway.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home