Sunday, January 14, 2007

Pity the Poor Bad Risk

Self pitying blogs aside . . . amazing how fast the developments with a Bad Risk.

So, on Friday we had the awkward and horrible lounge experience where Risk Boy disappeared with my friend and made me feel absolutely terrible. The next morning, he wrote me an apology note saying that he just went off to bed because he didn't want to stay up too late. I wrote back saying I didn't end up waiting very long because from where I sat, it looked like he hooked up with Mary.

Still had my feelings hurt, but got a good sleep on Saturday night and felt way better yesterday.

Then last night who should plop down for dinner, drink in hand? You guessed it. Bad Risk. He was all jovial and friendly and we had a lovely time. The conversation ended up in relationship land . . . and low and behold he actually said to me that he recently had a conversation with someone and told them he was emotionally unavailable. (Shocking! Who would have guessed!) And then he actually admitted that he is going to just hurt all the women because of the evil woman who just hurt him. He said this out loud. Hahahahaha. I told him that was very cowardly, to which he responded rather dramatically, hands in the air.

Yep. cowardly.

So . . . we have all kinds of information here. He's having the emotionally unavailable conversation recently -- which means he has definitely hooked up . . . most probably with my friend. "Hurt all the women because of the woman who just hurt him," -- he's a complete mess right now and should be, one, pitied, and two, avoided.

Amazing how many of these guys are down here. And, the interesting thing to me . . . this guy is about to winter at the smallest station with only about 18 people on site. For seven months he will live in three buildings, surrounded by water, backed up to a glacier, no where to go, with 18 people, and nothing else. You don't think his demons will find him there?

Dude is either going to drink himself to death . . . or melt down and finally own all this shit.

Good luck, Risk Boy. See ya on the other side.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home