Monday, March 31, 2008

More on the Next Steps

My friend and I went to dinner this weekend. We talked about what it is to look for a next step. She doesn't crave a career and values having flexibility and freedom. Working isn't the definition of her so she doesn't crave next and new and challenging and such. She's doing that in other areas of her life. She just needs the money coming in.

And this has made me think of all the different ways I could be thinking about my next.

* By location
* By tasking
* By trade
* By industry
* By salary
* By steps to another future

I wonder what will be the most important factors for me. Right this minute I would say money, but I'm in my bell jar today thinking there is little hope. That'll change.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home